What Windows 8 Developers Should Know About The Cloud
Client-side developers do need to embrace the cloud. The increasing popularity of connected devices like tablet computers and smartphones is having a direct effect on the adoption rate of personal cloud services.
Building Windows 8 Apps with XAML: What .NET Developers Need to Know
Learn how to create an application for the Windows 8 store with .NET, Silverlight and XAML
Your Idea.Your App. 30 Days.
Develop a Windows Phone app in 30 days. Get the training, resources and support you need.
This multi-part video series walks developers through building their first Windows Store app, based on the step-by-step tutorials at dev.windows.com. More >
This video series walks you from building a new project all the way to a functional Blog Reader, covering topics, like asynchronous programming, navigation, app bar, customize styling, adapting to different layouts, and managing app lifecycle and state. More >
- Microsoft DevRadio: Your Top Windows Store Questions Answered
Jerry Nixon welcomes Principal Program Manager Arik Cohen to the show as they discuss the recently launched Windows Store and a wide variety of topics developers ask most.
- Christian Schormann: Windows 8 Design Tools
Christian Schormann talks about Expression Blend's support for building Windows Store apps using XAML and HTML. Christian includes a deep dive into the HTML and CSS features.
- Chris Anderson: Windows 8 New User Interface Standards
Learn about the innovative new standards and features introduced in Windows 8, that enable web developers to build Windows 8 apps more easily.
- Bonny Lau: Windows 8 User Experience
Bonny Lau explains the reasoning behind the Windows 8 user experience and urges developers to leverage design templates as a starting point (not an end point) for design, to push the envelope and build great looking apps.
- John Sheehan: The Windows 8 Platform
John Sheehan and Tim Huckaby discuss the developer platform for Windows 8.
- Ted Dworkin & the Windows Store
Ted Dworkin and Tim Huckaby discuss "the most significant opportunity in history for developers" - Windows 8. Learn how the Windows Store was designed and developed to support this unprecedented opportunity.
- Richard Campbell & Windows 8 Productivity
Richard Campbell, host of .NET Rocks, and Tim Huckaby discuss the "new paradigm of productivity" Windows 8 brings to enterprise.
- Anders Hejlsberg: The Future of C# and More
Anders Hejlsberg discusses the future of C# and the latest projects Anders is involved in.
- Discussion on Window Azure and Windows Phone
Michael Collier raves about helping customers with their cloud projects and shares his insights into the marriage of cloud and mobility in a cost of effective way as well as his favorite feature Web Roles.
- Analyzing Performance of a Windows Phone Application
- Tapping into Visual Studio 11 and ALM Dev Collaboration
- Unit Testing and Windows Phone
- Use the Animation Control in MFC?
- Get Started Developing for Windows Phone 7
- Use the Windows Phone 7 Profiler?
- Use Silverlight as a platform for Windows Phone 7 apps
- Install and Use the Free WebMatrix Tool?
- Create a Website using the WebMatrix Tool?