The Windows Phone Application Deployment tool allows you to deploy your application to developer registered devices for testing before you submit your application to Windows Phone Marketplace. This client tool is a stand-alone application that is installed automatically when you install the Windows Phone Developer Tools. For more information, see Installing Windows Phone Developer Tools.
To complete this procedure, you must have the following:
- The Zune client software must be installed on the host computer. You can download and install the Zune client software from here.
- Your Windows Phone device must be registered. For more information, see How to: Use the Developer Registration Tool for Windows Phone.
Using the Windows Phone Application Deployment Tool
To use the Application Deployment tool
- Connect your phone to the computer.
Zune starts automatically. If Zune does not start, then start it manually.
- Verify that the Zune software recognizes the connected device.
- Click Start.
- Point to All Programs, and then click Windows Phone Developer Tools.
- Click Application Deployment.
The application deployment tool starts, as shown below.
- In the Target drop-down box, select either the Windows Phone 7 Emulator or Windows Phone 7 Deviceas the target for the XAP file.
- Click Browseand locate the XAP file that you want deploy.
- Click the Deploy button.
If the deployment is successful, the Status field displays XAP Deployment Complete.
For troubleshooting information, see Troubleshooting Windows Phone Developer Tools.
This article was originally published on the MSDN website. Reprinted with permission.